Terms and conditions
- Your contract is with Kathryn Minchew operating as the Pyromaniac Chef at Gloucester Studio, 183 Linden Road, Gloucester. GL1 5DU.
Making your booking
- We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless confirmation has been made that your booking form and deposit have been accepted.
- If you want to make a booking with Gloucester Studio, you should return your signed booking form and pay a deposit of £250 of your hire charge. Payments can be made in cash, by cheque or via the online payment service. Please note that your deposit will not be refunded if you subsequently cancel a confirmed booking. A contract is only formed between you and us when we accept your signed booking form and send our confirmation of booking email to you. No booking application shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until we send this confirmation. If we do not accept your booking application, we shall of course return your deposit.
Your restaurant booking
- The general content of your restaurant booking shall be as set out on your booking form, or as otherwise subsequently agreed with us in writing.
- As part of your restaurant booking, Gloucester Studio will be hired to you, for the period set out in your quotation. We will not hire out Gloucester Studio to anyone else during this period.
- The price of your restaurant booking shall be as set out on the booking form.
Payment of balance
- The balance for your booking is payable on the day of your meal. Payments can be made in cash or by most debit/credit cards.
- You must confirm final dietary requirements and menu changes no later than 14 days before your booking.
- Unless we agree otherwise, only food and drinks supplied by us may be consumed at your booking.
- You must comply with, and use your reasonable endeavours to ensure that your guests comply with, all of our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of property and/or people at the venue.
- You must provide your guests with such information we may reasonably request regarding arrangements to be followed at the venue (for example, in relation to car parking or the storage of valuables).
- Any damage caused to the venue, its equipment, contents or fittings will be invoiced directly to the named contact immediately after the event.
- We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the interior or exterior of the venue or to risk the safety of people at the venue, and we will not tolerate any abusive behaviour by guests to any other guests or member of staff. We reserve the right to remove any persons acting inappropriately from the event.
Cancellation by you
- If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing.
- Cancellation up to 7 days before the booking requires no payment of the balance.
- Cancellation between 7 and 2 days of the booking requires a 50% payment of the balance.
- Cancellation with 48 hours of the booking requires 100% payment of the balance.
Events outside our control
- We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your restaurant booking.
- In the event of extreme adverse weather, adaptions may be made to the cooking methods used.